Kitchen and Bushcraft Knives
Matt Selfe makes exquisite handmade kitchen and bushcraft knives that perform at the top of their game, look amazing and are easy to maintain.
Shop my range of knives
- Broken Biscuit Carving Knife – Blue Denim Micarta£170.00
- Broken Biscuit Carving Knife – Brown Micarta£170.00
- Broken Biscuit Carving Knife – Red Hessian Micarta£170.00
- Broken Biscuit Carving Knife – Wych Elm£170.00
- Broken Biscuit Carving Knife – Blonde Hessian Micarta£170.00
- Tanto Friction Folder – Yellow Micarta£160.00
- 4.5″ Petty Chef – Yellow Curly Maple£180.00
- Standard Friction Folder – Blonde Richlite£150.00
- Standard Friction Folder – Yellow Micarta£150.00
- Goliath Friction Folder – Crazy Fibre£180.00
- Goliath Friction Folder – Brown Linen Micarta£150.00
- Kwaiken Friction Folder – Blue Kirinite£150.00
Who is behind Selfe Made Knives
The man behind the mask
Hi, I’m Matt
I’m a custom knifemaker from Kent in the UK.
I specialise in kitchen and bushcraft knives. A strange mix maybe? But these are two areas that I know really well and love myself.
I spent many years working for The Bushcraft Magazine. I organised the highly successful May Meet, a weekend of bushcraft activities that ran for 10 years where I not only brought in world-renowned bushcraft instructors but also taught many courses myself such as game preparation, foraging and wild cooking to name a few. This time allowed me to handle many knives and also put the knives I make to the test. I could then tweak and refine my designs to guarantee that they perform at the top of their game. I believe that when you spend that many hours using knives it gives you the advantage of knowing exactly what you want in the design and that transposes into the knives I make today.
My knives ship all over the world and am lucky enough to have them in the hands of some of the best professional chefs and home cooks this planet has to offer. My range of outdoors and bushcraft knives are relied upon by bushcraft instructors and enthusiasts alike. Some of whom are who are using them close to home in the woodlands of Kent and the Scottish Highlands, whilst others get regular Airmiles travelling to jungle and wilderness survival situations. My knives are also used by serving military personnel.
So why not browse my selection of available knives, or get in contact to discuss commissioning a knife to your requirements.
Running a catering company our equipment and tools have to be the best and up for the task in hand. Proudly owning two incredible chef knifes of their s which are used daily and withstand a working use 10 hours a day. We at Silver Birch Fine Foods rate a 10/10 for quality and craftsmanship
Anthony Birch / Silver Birch Fine Foods
The whole process of commissioning from Matt has been a pleasure, from his patience in explaining options and details through to receiving the finished work. Matt’s workmanship is superb, whether that is in steel, wood or leather, and his attention to detail makes this very capable tool into an item of great beauty too.