Custom Kitchen and Bushcraft Knives
Matt Selfe makes exquisite handmade kitchen and bushcraft knives that perform at the top of their game, look amazing and are easy to maintain.
Shop my range of knives
- 8″ Mosaic Damascus Chef Knife£360.00
- Friction Folder – Mammoth Tooth and Carbon Fibre£250.00
- Kwaiken Friction Folder – Ctek and San Mai Blade£260.00
- Nakiri Vegetable Knife – Maple£200.00
- Kwaiken Friction Folder – Tiger£250.00
- Tanto Friction Folder – Silver and Gold£180.00
- Small Utility Knife – Red Hessian Micarta£125.00
- Goliath Friction Folder – Magnacut£260.00
- Bushcrafter – Blue and Red Crazy Fibre£285.00
- 7″ Chef Knife – Curly Mango£260.00
- K-Tip Chef Knife – White Crazy Fibre£240.00
- Off Set Serrated Bread Knife – Black and Yellow Acrylic£250.00
- Off Set Serrated Bread Knife – Walnut£250.00
- Forager – Brown Micarta£160.00
- Roebelly Belt Knife – Red and Black G10£220.00
- Roebelly Belt Knife – Green and Black G10£220.00
- Splinter Carving Knife – Scandi£220.00
- Oyster Knives£120.00
Who is behind Selfe Made Knives
The man behind the mask
Hi, I’m Matt. I’m a custom knifemaker from Kent in the UK.
I specialise in making custom kitchen and bushcraft knives. A strange mix maybe? But these are two areas that I know really well and love myself.
I spent many years working for The Bushcraft Magazine. I organised the highly successful May Meet, a weekend of bushcraft activities that ran for 10 years where I not only brought in world-renowned bushcraft instructors but also taught many courses myself such as game preparation, foraging and wild cooking to name a few. This time allowed me to handle many knives and also put the knives I make to the test. I could then tweak and refine my designs to guarantee that they perform at the top of their game. I believe that when you spend that many hours using knives it gives you the advantage of knowing exactly what you want in the design and that transposes into the knives I make today.
My knives ship all over the world and am lucky enough to have them in the hands of some of the best professional chefs and home cooks this planet has to offer. My range of outdoors and bushcraft knives are relied upon by bushcraft instructors and enthusiasts alike. Some of whom are who are using them close to home in the woodlands of Kent and the Scottish Highlands, whilst others get regular Airmiles travelling to jungle and wilderness survival situations. My knives are also used by serving military personnel.
So why not browse my selection of available knives, or get in contact to discuss commissioning a knife to your requirements.
Running a catering company our equipment and tools have to be the best and up for the task in hand. Proudly owning two incredible chef knifes of their s which are used daily and withstand a working use 10 hours a day. We at Silver Birch Fine Foods rate a 10/10 for quality and craftsmanship
Anthony Birch / Silver Birch Fine Foods
The whole process of commissioning from Matt has been a pleasure, from his patience in explaining options and details through to receiving the finished work. Matt’s workmanship is superb, whether that is in steel, wood or leather, and his attention to detail makes this very capable tool into an item of great beauty too.